The non-profit uses its plant-based vegan diet educational platform to raise post-graduation employment and welcomes support to continue its mission.
GREEN VALLEY LAKE, Calif., Dec. 27, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Assuaged Foundation, a 501c3 Public Health non-profit dedicated to empowering students and promoting a healthier, plant-based diet, has achieved significant milestones through its educational platform.
Assuaged has enhanced its remote internship program, blending AI and personalized online mentorship with celebrity, influencer, and military veteran mentors. Students acquire digital marketing skills, resulting in a 50% boost in certifications and improved job placement rates, particularly in the public health sector, where students secure positions at institutions like the CDC.
Empowering College Students:
- Our post-program tracking system reveals a remarkable 27% increase in employment rates among former student interns.
- We popularize a healthier, plant-based diet among students through our platform, social media (100k+ combined followers), website (50k+ monthly visitors, 14m+ impressions), and newsletter (12k+ subscribers).
- Through partnerships with 112+ universities nationwide, we have recognized and awarded the exceptional dedication of six outstanding students from prestigious institutions, such as Southern New Hampshire University, Purdue Global University, Oklahoma State University, Arizona State University, and Regent University, with the prestigious Presidential Service Awards—an honor that reflects both their commitment and our shared mission.
- We are proud of our ability to leverage these invaluable university partnerships to provide students with paid internships through the federal work-study program, empowering the next generation of change-makers.
- The foundation’s diverse board includes figures like Jeff Hoffman, a public speaker and serial entrepreneur known from his work at Priceline, Craig and Jenny D., celebrity wellness consultants, Shea Vaughn, celebrity wellness icon, John Oberg, viral vegan social media activist, and Andy Hnilo, actor/model known for his skincare brand Alitura.
- We secured significant funding from various sources, including over $260,000 in volunteerism projects from Catchafire, $3,800 from the Foundation for California Community Colleges, $4,568 from Heycollab, and $3,110 from The Maca Team.
- Our foundation has cultivated relationships with in-kind sponsors/partners, contributing over $1.5 million total to date, including over $25,000 worth of free monthly advertisements from companies like Google, Microsoft, HubSpot, Agorapulse, Monday, Slack, NectarHR, Restream, and eReleases.
- Our founding members have contributed over $10,008, with a significant portion from their subsidiary business, Be Your Highest, known for its exceptional CBD edibles.
- We introduced Assuaged Marketing Agency for select marketing project paid internships and partnered with Appleone employment agency for job placement support.
- Recognized as a distinguished internship and health partner by Temple University in 2021 and 2023, highlighting our commitment to excellence.
Join Us in Making a Difference:
We celebrate our achievements and the need for ongoing support to sustain our work. We invite individuals, businesses, and organizations to join us in making a lasting impact on marginalized students and promoting a healthier lifestyle. Your support, whether through donations, partnerships, or volunteering, helps us continue our mission.
For more information or to make a contribution, please visit our website at [www.assuaged.com]
About Assuaged Foundation:
The Assuaged Foundation is a veteran-owned non-profit founded in 2017 by disabled entrepreneurs Thane Murphy and Cynthia Cherise Murphy. The organization’s plant-based vegan educational platform provides students with digital marketing skills and work experience through remote internships to raise their post-graduation job placement. The cause was inspired by the Murphys’ journey to a holistic self-care system based on eating organically nutritious food.
We appreciate your support in helping us continue our mission of empowering students and promoting a healthier, plant-based lifestyle. Together, we can make a meaningful difference in our communities and beyond.
News Media Contact:
Director of Public Health
Assuaged Foundation, Inc.
SOURCE Assuaged Foundation, Inc.